Saturday, March 19, 2022

IF I CAN GET BACK

9 of 100 (lots of catching up to do)


March 8

March 19

My Meyer lemon tree is so happy to have more room (took out a rosemary bush) and fed to boot!















These dates do not reflect the number of times I have sat down to write and didn't even get as far as the date.

That said, at least three people this week have said they missed reading my blog. Here I am making an effort, notwithstanding Fox's attempts to put the kibosh on my endeavors by encroaching on the keyboard with his tail. Admittedly, he does have a difficult time managing his tail. Both Janet and I step on it regularly. He and I got in a tangle yesterday when I stepped on his tail and he tried to get away, nearly tripping me. He could be a health hazard. 

My desk is not that big. There is barely room for a paper processing pile, a lamp, and a book pile. Fox finds it necessary to sleep near me, making one area or another quite crowded. 


 













I was pleasantly greeted with a gentle admonition from Sonia this morning that I should at least give some gardening updates. Honestly, I haven't really been serious about gardening for almost two years, since Oona's remains were left on the neighbor's yard, courtesy of coyotes. Fuck you. I hate them. I was very much into my garden at the point and was cheerily on my way to get some evening work in when I was informed by the poor kids nextdoor about my most beloved and still much missed kitty. I think about her every day, even though I love the ones I have now. Some level of my ambition was punctured. I think of it every time I walk out the front door and across to the larger flower bed.

However, as I alluded, I did have the trees dug out from the grass, fed them, and am trying to water them more often. The backyard smells so good, it is probably illegal in many places. After a large crop of tangelos, I will have an even larger crop come autumn or so. The pomegranate has yet to flower, nor has the brown tiger fig, but they both look good. 


The wisteria was quite beautiful this year. I do need to get it trained upon the wall.





















I am trying to do a bit of gardening every day, even if it is just watering or weeding a bit. Perhaps I should revisit my writing in this way and see if I can get back into the groove. 

I could write more but it is almost midnight and I don't want to sleep too late. Besides, Vera is sleeping somewhat uncomfortably on the footstool, waiting for me to get into my proper bed so she can get down to her serious night's sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...