Sunday, March 20, 2022

OF SPRING AND YOGA

Richard Scarry, dontcha know ...

 



















10 of 100

March 20th, Vernal Equinox

Today is the birthday of one of the very best friends of my life. She is not interested in me anymore, hasn't been for decades, but I think about her so often. J is a bit older than I am and I learned so much from her. We were very close for very many years. In my immaturity, clumsiness, and pig-headedness, I lost her as a friend. This is a major regret of my life. 

My Saturday morning yoga class was extra good yesterday. It's always good. This particular class just spoke to my condition a bit better. I don't know that I have ever mentioned it before. In response to the covid shut downs and the closure of our beloved Kava Yoga, one of my fellow pupils in teacher training offered to have class for the other pupils and teachers to have a practice in his large garage. That was almost two years ago. Now it is six of us. I have been less reliable as an attendee, but now that I am teaching again, the Saturday morning class is necessary to help me have some kind of practice as I am not good about a personal practice of my own. Plus, the group has grown very tight and I have some new friends. 

The practice is usually very challenging as I have lost much strength without a regular practice and everyone else, even Cindy's daughter Ashtynn who joins us, is much more flexible and a more experienced yogi. (We seriously wonder if she has any bones.) I do the best that I can. There's also the factor that I am very overweight and 13 years older than the next oldest person. Sonia and Steven rotate as teachers. Their classes are interesting as they were both dancers, but never easy for me. I am working up the mentality to teach a relaxation class.

My own yoga class, taught at the Town City Hall, the very room where I received my best Thespian award in high school, is going well. I cannot schedule anything on Tuesday and Thursdays which are the days I teach. It takes me a good three or four hours to write up a class. I have a small group of students who seem quite dedicated to my class. Some of them were quite dismayed that I am going to be gone the entire month of May. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it, given how little money I make.   

That's it for today. I am heading to my cousin Christina's to have our Sunday sewing afternoon. Janet is not yet out of bed. I need to make breakfast (at 11:52) before I go. I slept in this morning, but with a purring cat on your head and one curled next to your legs, one wants to enjoy that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...