Monday, March 21, 2022

ALARM FOR CHANGE

11 of 100




















I set my alarm for a change, giving myself some sleeping in and cuddling Nina time. As I might have remarked on before, it is rather amazing what you can get done if you start a bit earlier. I managed to get Janet showered (she does that on her own really), fed, dressed, and our usual walk taken and still get her to play dominoes somewhere near the appointed time. I was in a hurry to get over to Christina's so that I could finish my shift dress to wear to Palm Springs this weekend. I also managed to pull weeds and do some watering.

Tomorrow is my second-to-last yoga class for this session. I like to have an idea of where I might be going before I sit down to work on my class, but so far, I haven't come up with much. This is where I miss my studio terrifically. Were I still taking several classes a week, I am sure I would be bursting with ideas and new tips from other teachers. 

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned to Cindy, my training instructor, that I sometimes doubt myself when there are pupils are are not following my instructions. Cindy replied that I should just do me and if students didn't like it, they could leave. This was great advice and has also pulled me down the rabbit-hole of what is "doing me" ... This is not a bad thing, but not something that can be answered quickly. And given that I am historically loathe to even be "seen," brings up a number of worthwhile issues. For instance, how much bliss-ninnyism or poetry do I want to share? How much and what do I believe or experience? If I were being all me, I'd probably ask them to pray for Ukraine every practice. I know I don't need to rush this, yet it does creep across the mental activity laundry list.

Writing about Ukraine is still beyond me. My dear friends Eric and Kate have been visiting Ukraine for years, documenting the stem cell research and therapy at EmCell. They have many close relationships there. Here's a podcast about the last American to get treated at EmCell and get out of the country.

I need to sleep so I can get up and do it again. (Also forgot to take out the trash.)





1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you writing again. I was in Ukraine 2.5 years ago for a month or so. My second working visit. I don't thinks it's easy to subdue a people, but our old Stalinist KGG officer things he can kill his way into empire. He forgets the long memory of Ukrainians. Each night, as I say my prayers I pray for Javelin missiles, Polish Migs and more than defensive weapons. It's painful to wish for the death of conscripts. You and I lived through the Cold War - which we could not imagine ending. Then after 1991, a couple decades of Pax Americana and cultural decay. I want to put a sign in my window: Forget your pronouns and Wake Up. Free Ukraine! Death to tyrants! Keep writing. Do yoga. Dig deep tunnels.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...