Thursday, August 5, 2021

THE SLIGHTLY HUMAN PART

 88 of #100daychallenge

Not a particularly good day for me. At this hour, I am still struggling with some long-term personnel changes that do not come easily for me. You know, it is always a fight for perspective and balance. And for many of us, admitting our own needs and value is a tough decision if it means reducing someone's footprint in your life.

In other not important news, I managed to drag myself to the new gym to sign up and then did 30 minutes on the stationary bike. This may not be such an accomplishment for those of you who are upright and functional, but it took some dedication for me to do so. It's a fancy gym and free to me! I may even ask if they need some teachers for their Silver Sneakers program down the line. 

And, I was approached to teach or take part in a goat yoga class. It sounds silly to me but I don't see a compelling reason to NOT check it out. 

I will admit to sadness.

I will admit to being overwhelmed.

I will admit to gin.

Although my interest in gardening or even most living things is fairly limited at the moment, I did water the front and do some dead-heading. I guess this is what depression is ... as if I didn't know ... where little gives you pleasure or motivation. 

Then comes the slightly human part of pushing through. Not only did I sign up at the gym, but I taught yoga, had my oil and transmission fluid changed, shopped for groceries (again), finally cleaned the kitchen counter and floor, and managed to write this. 

It is not always easy living in an affection and support vacuum, but a shout out to DH and KH for being there today.



3 comments:

  1. Some days I need my oil and transmission fluid changed, and I'm not talking about the car. Goats doing yoga. Now that would be a sight. It's an exclusive club that admits sadness, the overwhelmed and gin through its doors. They probably undone the red velvet ropes and let them cut the line too. Bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perspective and balance: what are these things you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. goat yoga: what is that thing you speak or?

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...