Thursday, August 12, 2021

A BITE

89 of #100daychallenge

Sometimes you can take a the first bite of a piece of well-buttered toast and think, "Oh hell yes." And the world is a bit better while you chew and maybe take a swig of hot, dark coffee. 

If you can get yourself up early enough, you can do some things before the heat monster infuses you with lassitude combined with crushing your brain into quicksand. I have been slow watering my poor plants to see if I can bring some of them back to life.

Many days later.

The challenge to get the quorum of necessary elements for writing, will, intelligence, emotion, and something to write about has been impossible to muster.

Later in that same evening.

Got a call from a dear friend with whom I don't speak often enough and was distracted for a couple of hours.

So, I am not going to try too hard to write now as I have a long day ahead of me (eye doctor appointment for Janet, class planning, class teaching ... and extra moments filled with anxiety and dread). But here are some photos.



The first pomegranate.



Fox and Nina have a visit.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. Pomegranates! Nice. Whenever I hear the word pomegranate, I think of granite and how they must be hard as a rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SUCH a good photographer…

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...