Saturday, April 24, 2021

PRODUCTIVE-LIKE-A-NORMAL-PERSON DAY

 5 of 100


Art by Lucy BC, quote from Estelle Frankl.

11:07 p.m.

Late start today and all I really want to do is sit and binge watch something until the early hours of the morning. That generally results in regret, like so many things that are fun when they are happening.

I had rather a busy or is that just productive-like-a-normal-person day? Going from thing to thing without too much stress or worry, just getting down to the task. Of course, there is a ridunkculous amount of gardening to be done. I have some iris roots that I have waited so long to plant that they might not make it. There are weeds fighting with legitimate plants everywhere. And the grass. Always the grass. Had I not so many flowers, I would probably let the dandelions remain, but there is plenty for the bees and butterflies to feed on. Given the early June gloom, it is a good time to get out there and garden before it gets any hotter. There will be plenty of weeds to pull as the summer goes on. I had really wanted to plant one of these, a Brown Turkey fig, this year, but I think I missed my window. I will call the nursery tomorrow.



















The possible downside to having a fig tree in the backyard is the critters. While pulling out some dry clothes the other night, I spied a critter out of the corner of my eye, only to find a small dog-sized raccoon sitting in the doorway, pretty as you please. I screamed to get it to leave, but it was a bit non-plussed and seemed confused as to why I was behaving so barbarically. I understand raccoons are fond of figs. That sounds like a children's book. Can't you see a fatcat raccoon lazing around asking for figs to be peeled for it. This guy grooved on as if he had bidness to see to, which just might be beating up a cat. We hear fights in the yard from time to time and all of our constituents are inside.

Anyway, it is always some kind of accomplishment when I get Janet to her monthly eye doctor appointment that is 19 miles away somewhat on time, and without any yelling on my part. I think the new med I am on is making me more chill. I hiked over the local Costco while Janet was having her treatment and bought two more pairs of frames to get made into glasses. I am very excited about that. As I may have said, I am getting reading glasses as well as distance glasses as I hate those progressive bifocals. It's terrible that seeing a privilege for the upper classes.

And here I am having worked on and in the library. I definitely have to make room for the cats on the desk. Fox is large and takes up room accordingly. When I got up to check the laundry, Nina was sleeping at my feet.They seem to have left so they are probably cooking up something. Here comes Fox sharing my chair. I must have some kind of cat pheromone I don't know about.

And on the lugubrious Grateful Dead autistically shuffling through a terrible version of St. Stephen and with a fantastic Kay Ryan poem, I bid you goodnight.

BLUNT


If we could love

the blunt

and not

the point


we would

almost constantly

have what we want.


What is the 

blunt of this

I would ask you


our conversation

weeding up

like the Sargasso.


— Kay Ryan, The Best of It: New and Selected Poems, Grove Press, New York, 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...