Monday, April 26, 2021

NO POP-UP ADS



 












7 of #100daychallenge

12:06 p.m.

I have the window over the desk open so Fox is walking in and out. The White Stripes are rocking Rag and Bone. I can't help it: I like it. Icky Thump indeed.

I thought perhaps I was going to get those many bulbs (ranunculus and freesia, two of my favorites) into the ground and long last and wish for the best. Given the gloominess, I decided to work on and in the library, to see if I could make room for cats on my desk (not). But now it is sunny again. See, commitment issues.

I have ripped a bunch of cds and downloaded (uploaded? loaded them?) onto my new iPhone so the. new shuffle is full of surprises. Bob Dylan and the Band circa 1966 are a great follow on to The White Stripes and some My Morning Jacket sounds great after that.

11:58 p.m.

I spent the day ripping music to my iPhone, and working on the library. Rather, the plan is this for to be a library/craft studio/yoga practice room. I have worked non-stop pretty much, save to get more cds to rip or refill my gin and lime. I had a very intense text conversation with my niece. She revealed aspects of her childhood as well as some perspective (not a good one) on my half-sister's mom, etc. Nothing terribly heinous except for the ways that fucked-up families often result in sadly damaged children. And the beat goes on.

And for some reason, the topic of "nice" versus "kind" came up. I know someone who is beyond beyond nice, but I am not sure they are generally kind. Here's a post about it

I worked very diligently and with great focus, to my amazement. But now I am exhausted and rather at a loss for words. 'Scuse me while I kiss some pillows. I deserve them.

CHESHIRE

It’s not the cat,

it’s the smile that

lasts, toothy

and ruthless.

It’s facts like this

we like to resist—

how our parts

may lack allegiance

to the whole;

how the bonds

may be more casual

than we know; how 

much of us

might vanish

and how well

some separate part

might manage.

— Kay Ryan, The Best of It: New and Selected Poems, Grove Press, New York, 2010






No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...