Tuesday, April 5, 2016

NEITHER STONED NOR TEENAGE






































Palm Springs, California

I am pretty much out of mental gas here. K and I have been having loads of fun thrift shopping and buzzing around the desert. Today we both did work this morning, despite our plan to leave for early for Joshua Tree National Monument.

We left late and had several thrift store stops along the way, having a great time. It was late afternoon by the time we got to the park. K was thinking about turning back, but as the ranger let us in for free and my assurances were that it was totally worth it, we pressed on. It was magical. We giggled and gawked and made up stories as if we were stoned teenagers, and we were neither stoned nor teenagers.

So, after dinner and a lovely skinny dip in the pool under starry skies, I bid you goodnight.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...