Tuesday, December 18, 2012

HOPEFULLY LEARNING

See, now I am in a little bit of the zone and I don't want to stop and go to sleep. But if I don't get off of the computer and head to bed, I might get even more wired and then the bad sleep thing happens. Last night, I took a full dose of the sleeping med (not Ambien, still haven't found that, although the clean desk project IS progressing), and slept until 10!! Well, I did surface at 7:30 or so, but I was sleeping so deliciously and that is so rare, that I just drifted back for a few more hours. The day was not as productive ("Say it ain't so, Joe!) as it might have been had I gotten up at  the earlier time.

Oh so much for goofy second guessing myself. Seems I have more to do than psych myself out! Get over yourself.

Cooder is lurking around, as she has much of the day. Not sure what she wants. I can hear Emmylou's collar bells tinkling, too. Maybe they want me to go to bed, although it is more likely they are looking for evening treats.

My friend CXC (one of two friends thusly initialed) called me out of the blue. She's on her way to Oklahoma to see her aged dad and the rest of her family. Some how we don't see one another very often, although we never have other than a great damn time. She told me she reads my blog posts like bed time stories, which is a nice thing to hear. (They might be likely to lull one to sleep.)

I was also pleased you all responded so much to the Edna St. Vincent Millay poem, although, again, I didn't come across it all on my own. Someone with an NPR show had pulled it up for the occasion. I don't think I really knew it that well, but I have re-read it a few times.

Tomorrow I need to get this desk project finished and get ready for a week of back and forth. Train down on Thursday for two nights in Manhattan, one or two nights back here, then back to Queens for two nights. And so cometh the holiday. The precipice of holiday bummerness seems to be nearby, but I don't quite feel as if I am on the trail to the edge.

I did make it out of the house today for a bit, a run to the post office, the bank, the A&P. There was blue sky peeking here and there through the grey. Just to get back into practice, I snapped a couple of sky shots. I had some smarter words and bigger thoughts at one time or another today as I mused on this posting, but they are gone. You'll have to settle for this.


I haven't had any crappy songs in my head lately. I think the huge blast of Richard Thompson radiated them out. I have had the song More Than This playing though. (Here's the Norah Jones version; couldn't find the Roxy Music version on YouTube.)

I could feel at the time
There was no way of knowing 
Fallen leaves in the night
Who can say where they're blowing
As free as the wind 
Hopefully learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning


More than this you know there's nothing
More than this tell me one thing
More than this ooh there is nothing


It was fun for a while
There was no way of knowing
Like a dream in the night 
Who can say where we're going
No care in the world
Maybe I'm learning
Why the sea on the tide 
Has no way of turning


More than this you know there's nothing
More than this tell me one thing
More than this, no, there's nothing

More than this nothing
More than this
More than this nothing

1 comment:

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...