Wednesday, September 1, 2021

AS IF SHE COULD AFFORD THE TRIP

 95 of #100day challenge

My pomegranate. Not ripe yet.



















Yar. I took one hell of a nap today. After having awoken early to get Maman to an early eye appointment we came home and both of us fell out. She woke earlier than I did. I was out for three hours. Part of a dream took place in a thrift store where I was so sleepy I fell asleep on a couch (pink velvet) and someone stole my shoes. Then I dreamt that a friend who notoriously does not like movies was going to a Tom Mix retrospective at the Film Forum. And such is the stuff ... I slept so deeply that it took me a good hour or so to even wake up enough to focus. This does not prevent me from being somewhat sleepy at 9:35.

And I thought waking up early might provide for a more productive day but this has not been the case.

And I still haven't reach out to the Domineers, but no one has called here either. Will try to do it tomorrow morning. 

My neighbor Sally who is one of my yoga students was out watering her lawn this evening. I took the opportunity to get some feedback about my class as tomorrow is the last night of this session. I admit to being nearly shock by the level of enthusiasm she showed. She loves it. And even though I haven't really taught much that is very deep, she is convinced yoga is for her. I don't think it gets better than that as a teacher recommendation. She says she will take my class as long as I teach it. That does give me encouragement to continue.

Not too much else to comment on. I get some brownie points for going into a thrift store for the first time in two months, finding things I liked, and leaving them there. Same with going to the Garden Department at Lowe's. I bought what I went in for and had no enthusiasm (that's the word today I guess) to get more. Small sounds of growth and control? I even started going through some of my vintage clothes and patterns so that I can open a store on etsy and eBay. My other career to get me through living on a meager social security.

I could comment on the horrible state of Texas, but it will only enrage and sadden us further. And we need to keep up our strength to fight on.


ON LAKE PEND OREILLE


All day the wind had made love

to the lake and tonight the water

takes up its bruises and moves

away to a safer distance


I am listening for the small

sounds of another departure.


Summer is leaving

as if she could afford the trip.

She stands by the road

in her ragged coat and fumbles

for her keys in the darkness.


At her pathetic signal

the aristocracy of leaves

will begin to let go.


— Richard Shelton, Selected Poems, 1969-1981, University of Pittsburgh Press, Pittsburgh, 1982





5 comments:

  1. WhO hates mOvies? NOt possible. NOt human. NOt a chance. NOpe. I think I need a new keyboard. The O and the ESC buttOn are sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who dey! Who dey! Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals?" A blown extra point, a missed field goal, a failed two point conversion, and clock mismanagement couldn't beat the Cincinnati Bengals in the second half of Sunday's game. Neither could the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tampa Pressure Washing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga poses Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will share this post to all my friends and encourage them to share further. Very nyc post.
    vayu mudra
    gyan mudra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. yoga poses

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...