Friday, June 4, 2021

DOIN' THE BEST THAT WE CAN

 46 of #100daychallenge















Imma say, if I haven't before, this consistent practice is a damn challenge as advertised. I admit I am in a tequila snit, although not to a disability state. I got an email from the "friend" who is on a time out. In almost no words, so few words it could be considered "artful" she pissed me off. Rather than retort "Fuck off" which was my initial impulse, I sat on it for a few hours, albeit with some gardening, white wine, and then tequila. I could go on...

In some kind of other news, the neighbor with whom I feud sent me a text this morning telling me that there would be a likely rowdy (my words) gathering in her backyard tomorrow night. Her daughter, through much diligence, graduated with her BA. My response was joy, pride, and an offer to help with setting up for the party. Having had a struggle getting my BA, I could utterly relate to Luz' and Natalie's struggles. I was quite moved. Later in the afternoon, I donated cash to the party and gave them some extra lights for their backyard. I think Janet and I are invited over for a quick drink.

I do not dislike my neighbors. I admire them in many ways. I just wish they had the latitude to see things from my perspective. 

Stress and unhappiness are not good incentives for dieting as comfort eating or drinking is my first go-to. I did make some small progress in gardening and organizing, but it is never enough. 

I am going to remake my bed with my sun-dried sheets after I take a nice bath in which I will do some pleasure reading (not Ulysses).

'Scuse me if I kiss the sky in another way.




Doesn't quite fit today's screed save for "if you do the best that you can"

1 comment:

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...