Tuesday, December 19, 2017

GRIM AND SCRUNCHED


Wonderous supper: prosciutto, marcona almonds, Toscana black pepper cheese and some sips of calvados. Turns out Oona Minnie Pearl Moonlight and Zora Idris Caledonia like theyselves some proscuitto. Butterscotch liked it too, but the stress of being near two cats that don't much like her meant she gave it up. 

Why do cats look so grim and scrunched when they hunker down for sleep? Oona is atop the dresser, looking quite as if she has a misery or the weight of the world. Could she be in a Christmas funk? The rest of this household is. Mom is just in oblivion, I am the the one who is circling a Christmas funk.

As per my general ambient entries, I continue to struggle with being in the place I not-so-happily grew up. And as the big holiday approaches, the ambiguity and discomfort I generally feel around here is magnified by the reality that I am here with just Mom and a bunch of cats. Perhaps there is a bit of loneliness for family, of which I don't have a lot, and friends, of which I have a generous and blessed amount but who are not here to participate with me.

And then there's the goddamn tax bill.

In other news, though, I feel as if I just might have made some very necessary breakthroughs on other fronts such as health and "stuff management." 

So this one won't be too long. I am so relieved that the shortest day of the year is nigh on upon us. These short days feel like being confined in a not-big-enough box, and during the confinement there is a bright blinding light focussed for too long a time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...