Tuesday, March 3, 2020

THE ALMOST TWIN OF MAKING DO



(Vera Paris sees all.)




I didn’t get very far on some of the recommendations and preferred outside-the-studio-in-real-life practices that go along with this training. There are a lot of them and I am slowly stumbling across (not in a unpleasant way) echoes of our lecture yesterday.

As I clearly have issues with food that I have been wrassling with since my teens (unwanted male attention anyone? ambivalence about attractiveness? what to with life when you have much-coveted breasts?), some of those suggestions came up this morning. (Last night I was too gobsmacked stimulated to pay much mind.)

An hour and many thoughts later ... (I will refocus on that food thing) ...

I wonder if my always-wary-sometimes-hostile attitude toward my mother has to do with her sure-to-be-soonish death? Is there resentment and denial in my treatment of her? And her of me? That begs some further thought. But I put on my gardening shorts so I could get some of my plants into their summer homes.



And that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone ...

I started my YTT (yoga teacher training) homework last night. I am rusty at the whole process of studying and !! news alert!! it's better not to do it when you are tired and really want to watch tv!! However, I pushed on for a bit of it but I know I will need to review.

Other topics we touched on float around. CZ, our trainer?teacher?instructor? lead yogini? (take your pick) has become a minimalist. She recommends this. There is a degree of this to which I aspire. (All of my friends and family can take a gasping laugh break.) Okay, I am not going to a minimalist probably ever. However, I am open to learning to have less and even more to want less. But you know that as I have written about it ad infinitum in these so-called pages.

My nephew decided to that he was ready to be a parent, and that process is moving along. He and his partner as well as my brother and sister-in-law are coming to see Janet and the homestead, such as it is. So, there is a need to organize so that my family is not thinking about calling Hoarders Anonymous. I am exaggerating here, but it's not where I would like it to be.

To the rescue, again, my dear cousin SP,  who finds herself with time on her hands and some skills in the organization department (and other departments as well). With her efficient and excellent assistance, we went from this to this





and made a bunch of extra space in both closets and the living room. We have plans to continue next week.

SDS hasn't been here since my dad filled in the swimming pool with dirt because Walter didn't want to take care of it and wouldn't spend the money on some help. (Those depression babies don't get over feeling poor so easily.)  The patio became a very messy storage space with my households from Berkeley and Brooklyn and is where things get ruined due to the leaky roof. What passes for the backyard, the Swimming Pool Garden, is a true jungle.The butterflies, birds, and the bees enjoy the overgrowth and that project will keep.

I have so many books that I have not figured out how to move along. Perhaps this skill will develop along with some handstands or crow poses ... or even a perfect downward dog.

So I am gantry blowing (what the hell) ... completely this thing where you need to go to bed by 10:00 and get up at 6:00. It's 10:30 and I won't be asleep for another hour. I can finish this, however, and move toward more quiet.

Next morning re-read: gantry blowing? No clue how that got in there, but it has certain ring.

The food thing I was going to write about way back there was eating without doing anything but eating. I never multi-task anything. Vera thinks it is stop and pet me time.

5po0e´¢Ω (that's Vera speaking to you directly).

HOPE

What's the use
of something
so unstable
and diffuse as hope—
the almost twin
of making do,
the isotope
of going on:
what isn't in
the envelope
just before
it isn't:
the always tabled 
righting of the present.


— Kay Ryan, The Best of It: New and Selected Poems, Grove Press, New York, 2010


La mama votes at 93.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...