Monday, March 30, 2020

SUDDENLY I SEE IT ALL CHANGE

Me with Chris Whitney's beautiful birthday bouquet.
Post post March 26, 2020

Although I have sworn to keep my gardening ambitions to a more achievable and enjoyable level this year, this does not mean I don’t peruse the emails I get from my seed suppliers. “Gardeners are never alone in the garden.”immediately caught my eye. The kitties, particularly Emmylou and Oona Minnie are my constant companions out there in the dirt. Sometimes I worry I they will get underfoot and I will harm them. Oona loves freshly turned dirt and will cover up small plants, damn her. I don’t trust her not to dig up the bulbs in her search for the right place to roll around, pee, or poop.

Strange music on the mental jukebox today:


We meet, and the angels sing
The angels sing the sweetest song I ever heard
You speak, and the angels sing
Or am I breathing music into every word
Suddenly, the setting is strange
I can see water and moonlight beaming
Silver waves that break on some undiscovered shore - Then
Suddenly, I see it all change
Long winter nights with the candles gleaming
Through it all your face that I adore.
You smile, and the angels sing
And though it's just a gentle murmur at the start
We kiss, and the angels sing
And leave their music ringing in my heart.
— Lyrics by Johnny Mercer

I am seriously trying to get out into the garden where the sun is brightly shining but I get distracted by cats and music and messages. I know I should be cleaning the kitchen and cooking. But but but … outdoors!

Later, but not too much.

Between texting, email, the usual musical distraction, and telephone calls, I am still on unmade bed in pjs. Neither gardening nor kitchening nor even eating have been addressed.

Thinking of the fine grain of the daily domain.

First blooms on the Brooks Cherry Tree I bought for my birthday last year, thanks to Matt and Kit.

I wrote something last night after YTT, but I guess I didn't save it.

I suppose it is not unusual in these world-shifting times to spend more of it in bed. It's pushing noon and here I am. I think Janet has gone back for round two of sleeping as it is very quiet in the house.

I did not sleep well at all last night, notwithstanding that I did not crash too late nor had I consumed alcohol or too much of anything. I knew at least an hour before I went to sleep that it would not be happening.

Oh look! I found it:

Three days and two yoga teacher training sessions later.

We are muddling through. One student has a large deck so we can practice at some distance in the fresh air. I would not say that social distancing is being strictly observed, but we are careful and there has been no coughing or sneezing or anything. I come home, go into the garage where my bathrobe awaits, change into it, throw clothes in washing machine and head for the bathtub. This is going to be a long haul.

I don’t know if I am sad or tired or both or neither. I quite want to hunker down in front of some mindless tv but I need to go make taco filling and eat. That could help my mood. 



The photographically elusive Emmylou Patsy Clownpaws.


Well, the mindless tv didn't help much, especially some favorite characters bit the dust in two shows.

On the way to YTT yesterday, this Van Morrison song came on my shuffle. We all need more Van Morrison and music now. I am going to leave this post as I doubt anything substantive or entertaining will arise here. 

Play along if you like. In the comments, post a song  that is getting you through these sad and challenging days. 


It's not high finance, it's called heart and soul
If it's rock and roll, got to go, go, go, go, go
Gonna keep moving on up to the higher ground
Gonna keep on moving on up, I got to stand my ground
Gonna keep on moving on up, I wanna stick around
Won't let the bastards grind me down
Won't let the bastards grind me down
Won't let the bastards grind me down

Call me raincheck in the afternoon
Call me raincheck, need a shot of rhythm and blues
Call me raincheck, on a golden autumn day
Call me raincheck, I won't fade away, I won't fade away
I don't fade away, I don't fade away, unless I want to

Can't take my love away, ah 'cause it's here to stay
If it fades away, come back another day
Gonna keep on moving on up to the higher ground
Gonna keep on moving on up, I wanna stick around
Gonna keep on moving on up, oh gonna stand my ground
Won't let the bastards grind me down
Won't let the bastards grind me down
Won't let the bastards grind me down

My name is raincheck in the afternoon
My name is raincheck, need a shot of rhythm and blues
My name is raincheck, on a golden autumn day
My name is raincheck, and I don't fade away, I don't fade away
I don't fade away, I don't fade away, unless I want to

Move it up, move it up, move it up, move it up
Move it up, move it up, move it up, move it up
Move it up, move it up, move it up, move it up, move it up
Grind me down, grind me down, grind me down

My name is raincheck in the afternoon
My name is raincheck, need a shot of rhythm and blues
My name is raincheck, on a golden autumn day
My name is raincheck, and I don't fade away, I don't fade away
I don't fade away, I don't fade away, unless I want to

Put on your dancing shoes, dance away your blues
When I'm feeling like this, I got nothing to lose
Wanna keep on moving on up to the higher ground
Wanna keep on moving on up and I'll stick around
Wanna keep on moving on up, got to stand my ground
Won't let the bastards grind me down
Won't let the bastards grind me down
Oh, won't let the bastards grind me down

My name is raincheck in the afternoon
My name is raincheck, need a shot of rhythm and blues
My name is raincheck, on a golden autumn day
My name is raincheck, and I don't fade away, I don't fade away
I don't fade away, I don't fade away, unless I choose
I choose, I choose, I choose

No, I don't fade away, I don't fade away, I don't fade away
Unless I choose, I choose, I choose
I choose, I choose, I choose
I choose, I choose, I choose
I choose, I choose, I choose
I choose, I choose, I choose
No, I won't fade away, I won't fade away, I don't fade away
Unless I want to


Somehow, my neighbor's flag seems spot on.

4 comments:

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...