Thursday, January 17, 2019

TRYING TO GET THE GROOVE THING GOING

I am going to start this and see how far I get. Historical record shows that I often do not complete posts, but with hope springing eternal I will begin nonetheless.

The rain continues although it is supposed to be easing up. Spoke to KMH who pointed out that there will likely be a superbloom in the desert again as it has been raining like crazy in Palm Springs. Maybe we can take out the Porsche for a drive when the weather clears (hers, not mine).

This has happened before, but Dreams of the Everyday Housewife has appeared in my mental playlist. Maybe it was just getting up to house chaos of cats having barfed, clothes and dishes needing to be cleaned, cats wanting food, the tv blaring, mom in her nightgown having decided to stay home today. And I have volunteered to help my pal Patrick pick tile so that he doesn't order beige and brown.

FORCE

Nothing forced works.
The Gordian knot just worsens
if it's jerked at by a person.
One of the main stations
of the cross is patience.
Another, of course, is impatience.
There is such a thing as
too much tolerance
for unpleasant situations,
a time when the gentle
teasing out of threads
ceases to be pleasing
to a women born for conquest.
Instead she must assault
the knot or alp or everest
with something sharp
and take upon herself
the moral warp of sudden progress.

— Kay Ryan, The Best of It: New and Selected Poems, New York, Grove Press, 2010.

Did cats invent the baleful look? Well, it's not really baleful because that is kind of menacing. Then again there is some implied threat, if only of their own and your future misery and guilt. It's not quite baleful, as I was misusing that word (means threatening). It is more a combination of disappointment/anger/and jesus you are an asshole.

I have been watching the old MTV cartoon, Daria. I had heard it was a good show back in the day. I think it is great, very well-written. The theme song is intolerable however.

So, not much information here, but trying to get the groove thing going again. I need to sleep. Don't be beguiled by Parker Posey's new book either. No damn good.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...