Friday, February 6, 2015

PIANO BIRTHDAY

It is not at all unusual for me to say something along the lines of “I should be sleeping now” and yet in this case it is true.


On the other hand, February 5th was my mother’s “piano birthday” … indeed, she turned 88. That sounds like a big number for a human being. She started the day with a visit from my cousin Dan who arrived about 7:30 a.m. By 9 or so she was out the door under her own steam to teach a yoga class. After that, her church family joined in, 18 or 20 strong, to have lunch with her. Not bad for 88. We had a good laugh as someone gave her a pedometer and walking any distance is quite a challenge given her deteriorated hips.

It has been a busy week with scarcely enough time to get in a nap, what with friends, relatives, and celebrations going on (not that I am complaining). Now it strikes me that I didn't even give my mother her birthday card. 

On Wednesday, my mom and I had dinner with two cousins. Mom is the only remaining sibling from her family. 
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...