Sunday, September 11, 2011

ENOUGH?

Up a road at Schroon Lake.
It has been many, many a moon since I went upstairs for dinner and drinks with John and Melinda. The dinner was turkey tacos with avocado and heirloom tomatoes. The wine it was white. I drank too much, hence the strange posting last night.

What could I have been thinking about? We watched another episode of Boardwalk Empire, but I will have to rewatch as I scarcely remember it. But why was I thinking about worthiness?

On another note, is it meditation when you sit with your kitty and do nothing but pet the kitty and muse?


The lake is quite high.


I kept pretty quiet today. Although I don't feel terrible, I do feel quite stupid and listless. Summer's over and so should summer's drinking. I need to muster meself for job hunting and the like.

Lots of company this month, so I need to push on the housekeeping front, although I don't need to devote my life to it. I have kept things relatively under control. I do need to clean off my dining room table so that Brenna and Martha and Mom and Debee can have a place to sit and eat. (Not all at the same time, mind you.)

I was discussing my lack of motivation with K yesterday. I don't ever jump out of bed with energy to burn, excited to get started on the day, and get things crossed off my list. Crap. Sometimes, I can't even focus enough to make a list.

I can't recall the exact conversation, but her ending comment was "It's just a room."

For some reason that has reverberated. There are those mental blocks that make things seem so much bigger than they are. I have made cleaning off my dining room table into a bugaboo. The table is covered with mostly my tools, screws, and other odds and ends I don't know how to deal with. So I avoid them. Why is sorting screws a profound and moral issue? Who cares if I don't sort them? My socks and underwear and t-shirts and scarves and jewelry all organized. Is that enough?


2 comments:

  1. Not sure if petting the kitty is meditation, but have no doubt it is good...for both of you.

    ReplyDelete

ANOTHER ONE CHOCK FULL OF FUN

 14 May Isn’t there something delightful about the word “jelly”? I am not even that much of a fan but it is so fun and tasty! I am indulging...