Monday, May 30, 2011

QUOTIDIEN ANEW

And so home. We left around 1:30 and walked in my house at 6:30 which was pretty much perfect time without insane speeding. We missed most of the traffic.

After unpacking most of my treasures, I retired to the air conditioning and cable tv upstairs. I still have some unpacking to do. And I need to take a bath and call my mom before too much more time passes.

It is always a gratifying and joyous moment to see your friends having a terrific time that you envisioned and helped to come to pass. The trip was non-stop, really, but what would I have expected? And at this particular time of my life, I find insights into my self, and maybe even my past in unexpected places. I suppose we take our insights where we can find them?

Tomorrow, the laptop goes to the computer doctor for a tune-up before the warranty expires. The car is parked in a Tuesday spot and needs to be moved in the morning. And the quotidien begins again.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the vicarious trip. I was home all weekend catching up on work, tho. D. & Ch. went kayaking in S.B.. Thank you for the trip log from places I've not been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of everything but the mosquito bites...thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

ANOTHER ONE CHOCK FULL OF FUN

 14 May Isn’t there something delightful about the word “jelly”? I am not even that much of a fan but it is so fun and tasty! I am indulging...