Tuesday, July 5, 2011

INTERNET CAFE

Black fly season is supposed to be over, but here at the Word of Life Internet Café, Common Grounds, they are biting me. Perhaps they have been trained to hone in on the non-believers. The woman behind me is working on her Bible thang, and tables full of young folk say prayers before talking about music (couldn’t/didn’t want to hear who).

Feeling better today, but it still needing to sleep every couple of hours. Larry and I were both up before 7:00am and went out to breakfast before I went to sleep again.
Schroon Lake in the morning. Never seen it before.
God and country.
 This cafe is one of those places where the aenemic air-conditioning only makes you realize how hot it it is. The bottom floor of the theater stays pretty cool, though, and I can escape back there soon.
Butter pillow at Jean's in Paradox Lake.
I don't know about other small resort towns up here in the Adirondacks, but the food I've come across ranges from damn good to amazing.

We West Coasters don't have this whole resort thing get-away. I've really only seen it in films or read about it in books. It is somewhat fascinating ... can something be somewhat fascinating? Well, I am not 100% here in the mind.
Der parade. What's with the lobster in the pot?

Jane Anne, aka, she who hates cars.
This is neither yoga nor writing. Hard to think with all the distractions here of Christian romance and heavy metal musicians of the 'dacks trying to get their careers on track. My wakefulness is probably coming to an end for awhile.

Light coming through the lobby windows.
The Timberwolf. Site of much revelry.
Marching Blues Brothers.



Liz and Larry and Jean's back to the left.






No comments:

Post a Comment

ANOTHER ONE CHOCK FULL OF FUN

 14 May Isn’t there something delightful about the word “jelly”? I am not even that much of a fan but it is so fun and tasty! I am indulging...