Wednesday, July 27, 2011

ANYTHING THAT HAS TO BE HIDDEN

After the harrowing hell of heat at the end of last week, we had an absolutely delicious summer day today. It was just a schosh too hot, but a wee drab of humidity kept the air soft. There were enough clouds to keep the light from penetrating/piercing. And oh the quiet of a neighborhood ... very nice.

My day was productive, if not reflective. My attention to and motivation for housekeeping and just generally picking up around continue at a moderate improvement level (did that make any sense). It seems as if those weeks of frustration yielded (I always feel the past tense of yield should be yielt) some neuron-level changes as well as habitual ones. And my brother Michael does not believe people can change. It was a struggle, but change was accomplished.

Meanwhile, I am delving deeper into social media jobs which might be just the ticket for me. I spent the usual amount of time snorkeling around the interwebs and editing on r88r.net.

Then I had one of those sweet cool naps. Miep, the non-cuddler, did stretch out along my side so that she could have a belly rub while I dozed.

I finally finished reading Tove Jansson's The Summer Book (appropriate for this day). As Rebecca Reads notes, there are plenty of gems and observations that make this book a "revisiter."

I liked this one:

"... anything that has to be hidden is a burden."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANOTHER ONE CHOCK FULL OF FUN

 14 May Isn’t there something delightful about the word “jelly”? I am not even that much of a fan but it is so fun and tasty! I am indulging...