Friday, January 18, 2013

ON DER COUCH

No photos today unless I pull something out of the old files. And not on this laptop as I cannot find my photo library. That reminds me I still haven't had the energy or mind to call Apple.

Yes, I have been sick. So far none of the up and out projectile sorts of problems, although I was a little bit worried about that yesterday. About 5:00 p.m., I had a terrific headache and a queasy stomach. I took some meds and went to bed and slept for the better part of 13 hours, which means I woke up from time to time, but went back to sleep. I've spent the day mostly drowsing, checking in with the tv every once in awhile (okay, a few hours worth of watching), and some reading. I put Joe's War aside in favor of Oddly Normal: One Family's Struggle to Help Their Teenage Son Come to Terms with his Sexuality. That title is much too long. I am reading it because I was at the 40th birthday party of the author. It is not making me particularly happy to read.

So, I am here on the couch, as I find sleeping in the same place for too long even more boring and depressing. M and E went out to see The Silver Linings Playbook. Might have been fun, but I don't want to get any sicker. So I have also cancelled my plans to go Brooklyn for the weekend. :-( I did want to go.

I'm going to watch Downton Abbey on line. Perfect for a sick person! I'll check in soon.!

1 comment:

  1. Downton Abbey should help. Sorry you're feeling unwell, & sorry about your computer as well. I'm worried about mine too, as it's been acting up. I've got my stuff backed up to an external HD, but I can't say I trust that. I can't afford maintenance help now, so my fingers are crossed nothing will get worse (same for me as well as my laptop!). Hope things look up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

ANOTHER ONE CHOCK FULL OF FUN

 14 May Isn’t there something delightful about the word “jelly”? I am not even that much of a fan but it is so fun and tasty! I am indulging...