Thursday, December 7, 2017

BY THE WAY, HOW IS MY HEART?

The song going through my mind today is actually from the show Nashville, which is surprisingly good. The music is the real deal, if a bit too polished. But such a venture is expensive and I can see the need to smooth (you might want to take a look at that link there to learn the difference between smooth and smoothe, because I didn't know it) it out for maximum popularity. Reading the liner notes, the credentials of participants are rock solid. Any way, this one, Mouth for a Gun, has got me, maybe because of all the bullshit flying around these days. You really have to listen, although I included the lyrics at the end.

Well, we made it through the night of crazy kitties. I don't see too much damage. Emmylou had to have a lot of petting yesterday. She could not really be comforted. They are out walking the perimeter, and, so far, I didn't see anyone/anycat in the street. 

Here's a little palate cleanser. I am slightly hungover and there are a couple of small fires burning on my FB feed. This song came on my iTunes shuffle. So beautiful. It will calm you.

I SAW A STRANGER WITH YOUR HAIR

I saw a stranger with your hair
Tried to make her give it back
So I could send it off to you
Maybe Federal Express
'Cause I know you'd miss it

I saw another with your eyes
The flash just turned my head
I went to try them on for size
But they looked the other way
And they wouldn't listen

Chorus: But you're never hard to find in a crowd
The people around you smiling out loud
Their feet don't touch the ground
No, their feet don't touch the ground
No, their feet don't touch the ground

I heard a stranger with your voice
It took me by surprise
Again I found it wasn't you
Just an angel in disguise
In for a visit

By the way how is my heart
I haven't seen it since you left
I'm almost sure it followed you
Could you sometime send it back
I'll buy the ticket

(Chorus)

I saw a stranger with your hair
I saw another with your eyes
I heard an angel with your voice
By the way how is my heart
By the way how is my heart



Okay, better now. As any regular readers have discerned, I am hella stressed out these days. And that can lead to over-indulgence with vino and/or food. We know well that spiral of misery and self-loathing. I stopped just short of disaster last night, so I am still functional, but still rueing my behavior. 

On the other hand, I made some great spaghetti sauce which I am going to eat for lunch. Hopefully, the will calm me down. Book group on Moby Dick this afternoon and I am behind. 





































Okay later. The Kermit Place Readers did not disappoint. They revel in Moby Dick and it is a delight to be along for the ride, even if I am not in the same enthusiastic space at the moment. We soldier on.

These are tough times.




GUN FOR A MOUTH


Found a girl and I gave her a ring
She was everything I’m looking for
It’s over now and this is how
I lost the war

Well my head got heavy as a Christmas cake
And I made a break for the door
It sucks so young
You shot your tongue
I lost the war

But you’re not the only one
with a gun for a mouth
No you’re not the only one
With a gun

And the red headed angel in the wings
Singing lay down your sword
It’s over now
And this is how I lost the war

But you’re not the only one
with a gun for a mouth
Yeah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANOTHER ONE CHOCK FULL OF FUN

 14 May Isn’t there something delightful about the word “jelly”? I am not even that much of a fan but it is so fun and tasty! I am indulging...