Wednesday, January 25, 2017

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER?


January 19, BT (before Trump, known to me as Donald Dick)

Like Louis Armstrong, I see blue skies. Or rather one patch of blue, if I look out one window. If I look out the other window, I see storm clouds. However, having seen the blue and some actual sunshine to boot, I donned my swimsuit for a foray to the pool. Whether I will chicken out, or whether it will be too cold or even raining by the time I get there after dropping off Janet at the senior center, well, that remains to be seen. Am I working up to it, to getting back to swimming, at least?


Later that same day ...

Well huzzah for me. I did manage to swim a half-mile. Only one intrepid (female) swimmer joined me. The lifeguard played some great music, I don't even know the genre, some kind of soft r&b rap that was quite good. Now, however, I am feeling something in the bone tired universe and would love to take a nap. Maybe after my next errand. I did allow myself the luxury of a warm bath after, only to be interrupted after 10 minutes by Janet who came home early from her senior group and had a need. I did get to read the first essay in Rebecca Solnit's Men Explain Things To Me. Snuggling up in bed this evening will have to do for my reading time.


2 comments:

  1. We miss your presence here in Brooklyn dearly, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The price of a house, more than any other factor, determines if a house will sell quickly, or sit on the market for months or maybe even years. Homeowners looking to sell without a realtor will want to keep these two crucial concepts in mind when trying to determine what price to ask. sleep sounds

    ReplyDelete

ANOTHER ONE CHOCK FULL OF FUN

 14 May Isn’t there something delightful about the word “jelly”? I am not even that much of a fan but it is so fun and tasty! I am indulging...